Joadre Design-Lab. Designing the future
How it works
- Hand wooven fabric: Aso-oke is a combination of fine silk threads and precise craftsmanship. The patterns are designed by native women from the southern part of Nigeria and hand woven by their men, creating huge income for the family.
- Ankara: Popularly known as african prints. Your chosen Ankara is made out of 100% cotton in Nigeria, Ghana, Cote de voir. Vibrant african patterns are carefully designed with wax printing/block print technique.
- Handmade Batik fabric: Adire, popularly known as African batik. Your chosen Adire is made out of 100% cotton shirt material. Hand dyed by local batik makers in Nigeria using old techniques such as wax resistance dying, passed down from generations to generations.
- Leather: Jacroki, Italian engineered innovation of almost 100% vegetable origin leather. This paper-like leather is manufactured in Italy and the cellulose is taken from environmentally friendly certified forest and legal plantations.
- Plain canvas: Known as Chinos fabric in Nigeria. This fabric is purchased from the local market. Based on our research, the fabric is imported from Korea to Nigeria, as the nigerian textile industry does not have the technology to produce this type of fabric.
- Bag Lining: Made out of plane cotton purchased from the local markers eastern Nigeria.
|Nickname and age||Omo B, 23|
|Hobbies||Reading, calculating numbers|
|Favorite food||Pounded yam & egos soup|
|Favorite quotes||continue to struggle until your aim is being achieved|
|Favorite sentence||Education is the best legacy|
|Favorite book||New school physics|
|Your hero||Professor Wole Soyinka|
|Country you would like to visit||Canada/Dubai|
|What do you do on Holiday||Relaxing, Doing some house chores|
|Favorite Sport||Table Tennis|
|Nickname and age||Harboh, 20|
|Hobbies||Singing and Reading|
|Favorite food||Yam and Egg|
|Favorite quotes||Arise shine,for your light has come and the Glory of the Lord has rises upon me.|
|Favorite sentence||Life is not a spectacle or a feast, it is a predicament|
|Your hero||My Mother|
|Country you would like to visit||India|
|What do you do on Holiday||Sewing and Resting|
|Nickname and age||Femi, 22|
|Hobbies||Singing, learn new things, Cooking|
|Favorite food||Rice and Fish Stew|
|Favorite quotes||The Best preparation for tomorrow is doing your Best today!|
|Favorite sentence||I believe in the beauty of my dreams|
|Favorite book||Harlequin Romance Books|
|Your hero||Joana Adesuwa Reiterer|
|Country you would like to visit||Austria and France|
|What do you do on Holiday||Outing, Sewing, Resting and Cooking|
|Favorite Sport||Basket Ball|
|Nickname and age||Lady T, 25|
|Favorite outfit||Jean skirt and Top|
|Favorite quotes||Hard working leads to success|
|Favorite sentence||"E go better" (meaning - it will be better).|
|Favorite book||Holy Quran|
|Your hero||My Sister|
|Country you would like to visit||Mecca, Australia|
|What do you do on Holiday||Sewing|