18 months march through the desert, 2 years in Lampedusa refugees camp, 4 years in spain on the streets, 3 years in italian on the streets and later 6 years in Austria working in a brothel, after which she was repatriated back to her home country. Before grace embarked on this tragic journey to Europe, she had a 3 year old daughter who could hardly recognise her when she came back after over 12 years. Throughout all these years, grace managed to gather nothing except a little box filled with clothes and an illness that cost her her life 3 years ago. During an awareness campaign some years ago in nigeria, i met grace and she shared her story with us.
Vulnerable people possess a very strong will to attain a better and secured future. They are ready to take the risk, to travel far away from home or change location in order to find a better future. Very often not only for themselves, but for younger and older family members. How can this strong desire to migrate at all cost be turned into resources to create that better life wherever they are now? How can your business and skills contribute in advancing the status of vulnerable people in your community but go beyond to reach millions around the world?
To mark the Europeans union day against human trafficking, the 18th of october, let me share 7 unbelievable questions we should ask ourselves in this 21st century.
- Why can’t nearly a billion persons read a book or sign their names? Nearly a billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
- Why do 22,000 children die each day due to poverty? And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world. UNICEF.
- How is it possible that almost every second child in the world is poor? There are about 2.2 billion children in the world and almost every second child is poor.
- How can over 660 million people afford sanitation if they live on less than $2 a day. More than 660 million people without sanitation live on less than $2 a day, and more than 385 million on less than $1 a day.
- Why do developing country spend $25 on debt repayment for every $1 in aid they receive? For every $1 in aid a developing country receives, over $25 is spent on debt repayment.
- Why are 45 Million People Worldwide trapped in enslavement?About 45.8 million people around the world are trapped in modern versions of enslavement,making 28% more than its last estimate two years ago.
- If between 2013 – 2014, 15,846 people were registered victims of human trafficking in the EU, how many were unregistered or not identified? 76% of the registered victims were women.
Find answers to these questions. Share it underneath this video and stand the chance to win a Joadre pullstring bag. If you do not want to miss any of my youtube videos, please subscribe to my channel. You can download Joadre app from google play to keep track with our videos, news, blogs, sales and to start selling our bags to your friends. Follow Joadre on facebook and instagram. Stay tuned till next saturdays video!