Recharge card printing business is one business that has long stood the test of time. Due to advancements in technology and availability of second hand smartphones in Nigeria, more and more people are using data nowadays. Recharge card business in Nigeria is very lucrative. It is a business you can start anywhere without fear of low patronage, as long as there are people where you are and there is GSM network.
This is one profitable business because people recharge their phones almost everyday as they either need to make calls, send messages, activate data or even transfer credit to their loved ones. Although most people prefer to buy directly from their banks or one application or the other, most people still prefer to buy printed recharge cards and that’s is where you come in.
How much can you make from a Recharge Card Business?
Recharge card business means basically printing out the recharge vouchers. To start this idea or side gig, you can invest basically any amount, however in order to make significant profit, I will advise that you start with N50,000 because per each N100 recharge card you sell you make at least N10, so if you are able to sell 50 pieces of it per day you will be making N5000 per day. Pretty awesome right?!
Below are the requirements for starting the business
- Location: You can sell recharge cards pretty much anywhere as all you need is a purse where the cards are kept. It is basically a mobile business.
- Recharge card printing software: This is a software that you can download from rechargecardprinting.com.ng for free.
- Recharge card dealer: You have to ensure that you get a reliable and trustworthy worthy dealer who will not scam you. As you make payment into his/her account before they send you the codes via mail which the software helps you decrypt.
- Laptop, internet and printer: if you have a laptop it will be very easy, as you can transfer the codes to a flash drive and print from a cybercafe. If you use a cybercafe to process software and print from there, you have to ensure that you log out of your email. This is a security measure to avoid anyone logging in after you and gaining access to the codes. The codes are your capital. They are the product you sell!
Overall Estimate for a recharge printing business
- Recharge card printing software: Free
- Printing per page: N50 (maximum of 10 recharge cards per A4 paper)
- Incase no laptop: Cybercafe 30 minutes: N150
- Payment for codes to the dealer: N50,000
- Total: N50,400
A quick wrap up
However, remember that some people or touts will want to collect their own cut if you hustle for customers at a specific location. You can start this side business by tapping into your own network. Even when you need very low capital to get this business rolling, you will need more strategies to be able to transform this business into a very successful one.
We are putting out weekly articles and content about different business ideas you can start. Some ideas would focus on building a side hustle. Others will be a full-time type of investment. So we are working to get some interested investors to support your ideas. However, you have to be part of our tribe to be able to tap into our full support and services. To join the tribe, get our app. Get our App for future business ideas and partnerships opportunities. And Subscribe to our newsletter so as to be the first to receive amazing business insights from us As in dey hot!
Joadre Editorial Team