Gbemmy Johnson is the brain behind the African rising handbag brand O’eclat. When Gbemmy started her brand in 2010, she worked with two young artisans. They had skills but had no space to exercise their hand craft. Their situation reflects the situation for many young african youths who have managed to enrol and finish a hand craft training. With no workspace nor start-up capital, these enthusiastic youths end up juggling multiple professions in the search for fast money. Gbemy decided to equip a space where these young artisans could actually practice their handcraft.
Creating social value
“So basically, what I do at O’eclat is more about creating social value and impact. Being able to improve lives of people who have probably been out of jobs, people without source of regular income nor the finance to set up their own workshop for the skills they have learned. I want to impact the lives of people around me”…Gbemmy,
- Brand name: O’eclat
- Founder: Gbemmy Johnson
- Founding year: 2010
- Mission: Our mission is to continue to preserve our traditional techniques and heritage with our beautifully created artisanal and tasteful handbags and accessories that exude an elegant edge while also giving back to the community.
- Nominations/Awards: two-time nomination as a finalist at the INDEPENDENT HANDBAG DESIGNER AWARD (Most Socially Responsible Handbag) 2015 and 2017.
Finalist at the INDEPENDENT HANDBAG DESIGNER AWARD
I personally have two O’eclat handbags which was made out of handwoven fabrics. I love the intense colors, the unique designs and of course the social value her brand creates. Do not forget to stop by browsing some of Gbemmy’s bags in our app or online in our store. We need more African enthusiastic designers with high social value alongside detailed creativity. Share Gbemmy porträit and join us promote African entrepreneurs.
Hey, thank you so much for stopping by and reading through to the end. I really appreciate it, because it takes so much to put this together. Hope you liked it. If you did, remember to share this blog on social media. Yes, more free training and videos on this topic will be out this month on YouTube. Not to miss out, subscribe and turn on the notification on Youtube. It would be nice if you follow me on instagram as I share daily strategies and personal fun stuff. I am on facebook as well but to get it all in one place, subscribe to my free newsletter. Drop your comments, questions, feedback beneath using the comment section and I will be happy to answer your questions in my next video or blog.
Look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joadreofficial/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/joadretv
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/iamjoadre/
- Joadre blog: https://joadre.com/blog/
- Joadre Newsletter: https://joadre.com/newsletter